This page explains our policies regarding client payments to the Corpus Christi Birth Center. If wish to speak with someone about payment arrangements, please call the Birth Center on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 10 am and 5 pm and ask to speak to Erica (or Beth if Erica is not available).
- Every client must pay a non-refundable deposit at their first prenatal appointment unless other arrangements have been made prior to the visit. The amount required is stated in the contract.
- All contracts whether self-pay or insurance must be paid in full by 36 weeks gestation unless special arrangements have been made due to financial hardship. (If you have a financial hardship, please ask us about extended or reduced payment plans. We are willing to work with those who have special needs.)
- The amount required for each monthly payment after the initial deposit will be determined by dividing your remaining balance by the number of months left before 36 weeks gestation.
- After the initial deposit, each monthly payment will be due by the 15th of each month. If your first appointment is scheduled after the 15th of the month, you will be given the option of skipping the following month’s payment. However accepting this option will make your monthly payments larger because the contract still needs to be paid in full by 36 weeks gestation.
- Clients with insurance coverage will also be required to make monthly payments to cover their co-pay and/or deductible or pay our minimum required retainer fee (whichever is higher – The minimum amount is listed on your contract.). After claims have settled, if the client has overpaid, a refund will be given.
Make all checks and money orders payable to “Corpus Christi Birth Center.” Also make sure your name is clearly marked on all checks and money orders. It must be the same name we use in your chart. If your first and last names are not both printed on your check, please print your full name clearly. Signatures are not always easy to read.
Cash payments must be made in person. We always make a record of your payment in your account but to avoid any confusion, please keep your receipt for your own records.
Please make your payments are made on time. A $25 late fee will be charged to your account if your payment is not received by the 15th of each month.
Special Circumstances: We understand that occasional financial hardship can happen to anyone. For this reason, we will consider waiving the late fee as long as you communicate with us prior to the 15th and make your payment no later than the 25th day of the same month.
Delinquent Accounts: If your account falls more than two months behind or if you do not pay in full by the date stated on your contract, it may be turned over to a collection agency where additional late fees and legal fees could apply, as well as it affecting your credit rating. If we have to turn your account over to a collection agency, you could also lose any discounts that were given to you based on the contract terms of your contract.
How to make your payments – 4 options:
- Make your payments online from your monthly invoice. Each month we will send you an email invoice. You may pay your invoice right from home using your credit or debit card.
- Mail your payment – please allow up to 3 business days when mailing a payment to the Birth Center.
Our mailing address is
Corpus Christi Birth Center
939 Ayers Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
- Drop your payment off at the birth center when we are open. – We are usually in the office every Tuesday through Thursday. If we are in the office, you are welcome to stop by and make a payment without an appointment. You might want to call first to make sure we are available in case we are busy with a birth. We will also be able to give you a receipt for your payment if you make your payment in person.
- Payments may also be dropped inside our mail slot when we are closed. If you drop a payment in the mail slot, please make sure you seal your check or money order in an envelope with the client’s name and phone number clearly printed on the outside of the envelope. Make sure the envelope is sealed and goes all the way through the slot where it cannot be pulled back out from the outside. After dropping a payment in the slot, call us or ask our office manager at your next appointment if the payment was received and credited to your account. She can issue you a receipt at that time if you need one.
- Do not put cash through the mail slot. If you want to drop off a cash payment, please call the midwife during the week and if she is available, she will meet you at the birth center to accept your payment and issue you a receipt.
- Pay at the office when you come in for your appointments. We will be happy to process your payment when you come in for your appointment. But please keep in mind that your payment is always due by or before the 15th of each month. So if your appointment is scheduled for after the 15th, it is better to use one of the other methods listed above to avoid late fees.